Tuesday 1 February 2011

Beginnings

I thought I would start with a little introduction: Hello, I'm Siobhann and I have a dream... too cliché? Seriously then:

Ever since I was young(er) I have always had an idea in my head of certain things that I want to achieve in my life. Just like everyone, there were some fairly regular things on that list: Learn to drive, have my own house, travel and many others that change and grow as you move through various stages of your life and many of which I am proud to say, I have achieved. However, there has always been one, a dream you may call it and that was to climb mountains. Not just any ones, but MOUNTAINS made of dreams. I'll give you some idea of the ones I am referring to: Ben Nevis, Mont Blanc, Everest, Annapurna, Kilimanjaro and my ultimate dream... K2. Sadly, I have always managed to avoid doing these for one reason or another but the feeling and the desire has never really gone away, no matter how much I tried to replace it with something new.

What began this transformation was back in January 2010 when I decided and promised myself that I would do what I wanted and go where I wanted and celebrate my life and my 30th birthday for a whole 12 months. What a promise that was and how much fun it was actually fulfilling that promise to myself and in doing all of the travelling and having adventures I realised something magnificent... I can accomplish anything. So at the end of December 2010, I decided that I am going to live my dreams and I am going to set out to climb the mountains of my life. Voila! My little seed of an idea had been firmly planted and watered for the first time and now there is no stopping it.

So here we are. The newest chapter in my life and the starting point of something, which I just know, is going to be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment