Friday 1 July 2011

Life is a ball game

Dreams are a funny thing. Some are easily forgotten when left too long, others just never seem to let go of you no matter how long you ignore or put them on hold in the deepest recesses of your mind. It does not matter if you fulfil your dreams, it's in taking that chance, risking failure that we achieve the greatest things in our lives. So now it's my turn to step up to the plate and take my shot.

Yesterday I finally began my intensive fitness training. My first major step was getting over a tiny hurdle and getting myself to bootcamp which did not come easy but hey, I did it. Don't get me wrong, it was quite tough in parts but I actually enjoyed being out in Kelvingrove park getting proper fitness training from an ex-military man. It seemed to motivate me more having someone who was willing to be hard on me and not let me give up, especially when I reached that all important pain barrier. At times, I did have to keep giving myself a pep talk "c'mon Siobhann, just 1 more press up... c'mon just one more reverse crunch" and it did actually work. I made it out in tact and still managed to find fun in something so brutal... Go me I say

X
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment