Sunday 27 January 2013

It's that time again

Yesterday I began another fantastic and long awaited adventure. I left edinburgh slightly calmer than I expected and flew to Geneva on what was probably my favourite flight ever so far. Everything was just so relaxing, no stress, nothing but me, my music, my book and some Zzzzz's... Loved it. I met the driver Simon at the airport and instantly we just started chatting about climbing, skiing, mountaineering, canyoning... Everything really and before I knew it, I had arrived at my mountain lodge. What a fantastic journey so far. Simon offered me the chance of some more climbing once my Jagged Globe adventure comes to an end and before I have to return home. I might just take him up on that but that's a story for a future date lol

So anyway, I was given my room key, wifi and door code and shown the way to my room and told to enjoy my view. So the first thing I did when I got to my room was look out my window and wow was it is a view or what. I have the room facing Aiguille du Midi and Mont Blanc and even though it was dark, it was a spectacular sight. Most people who know me will know that what I had to do next was open the window and just breathe in the air... A tad cold but that doesn't matter when it is this good. I settled in as best I could, unpacked and arranged some stuff for the morning, closed the curtains and went to bed

I woke up this morning, after a great nights sleep and jumped out of bed, threw open the curtains and was blinded for a second before seeing the best view I've seen in a long time. I cannot imagine a better way to wake up than to be faced with some beautiful snowy mountains.

So now, I am off to explore a little before heading back to meet everyone from the course at 6pm. You never know, I might just find something very special indeed

Bye for now
S xx










No comments:

Post a Comment